Ingredients List A-Z
- We use Aloe Vera extract in many of our products. Aloe Vera is a cactus plant that and has been used medicinally for centuries. Aloe leaves secrete a clear gel that when broken off from the rest of the plant that can be applied topically to heal wounds and soothe your skin. Aloe Vera is said to be useful in treating wounds and burns, minor skin infections, cysts, and shows some promise in treating more serious and persistent conditions such as, acne & eczema.
Aloe Vera's cooling properties can be helpfull in threating sunburn through its powerful healing activity at the epithelial level of the skin, a layer of cells that cover the body. It acts as a protective layer on the skin and helps replenish its moisture. Because of its nutritional qualities and antioxidant properties, the skin heals quicker.
Aloe moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy feel, so it`s perfect for anyone with an oily skin complexion. As we age, everyone begins to worry about the appearance of fine lines and the loss of elasticity in their skin. Aloe leaves contain a plethora of antioxidants including, beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin's natural firmness and keep the skin hydrated.
- Apricot kernel oil is obtained (we use cold pressed oil) from the kernels ( seeds ) of Apricots. This light oil is great as a skin softening massage oil. We Use it in combination with Jojoba Oil and Almond Oil. Apricot kernel oil is quite similar to almond oil and its applications are also similar.
Apricot seed oil is a brilliant emollient ( moisturizer ). It provides nutrition and support to the skin so that aging is reduced and has Antioxidant properties to prevent the skin from damage by free radicals.
- This very expensive organic oil is extracted from the kernels of the Argan Tree. It is extremely rich in beneficial nutrients including fatty acids and vitamin E. Its properties make it particularly beneficial for both your hair and skin.
Our Pure Argan oil can be used as a skin moisturiser to hydrate and soften skin. With its high vitamin E and fatty acid content, argan oil is a natural boost for your skin.. It is easy to use and it absorbs easily and is non-greasy. You can also choose to ad some of this Pure Argan Oil to your own favorite face-, body- or hairproducts.
Argan Oil can also give your (dry) skin a youthful glow and reduce the visibility of wrinkles. Its anti-oxidant effect makes argan oil the ideal anti-aging product. It restores elasticity and leaves skin feeling plumper and softer.
- We use the oil extract from the avocado fruit because Avocado oil contains a high amount of proteins and unsaturated fats, both of which are strong skin agents. Avocado oil actually contains omega-3 fatty acids – those very same fatty acids as found in fish oil. It is alos high in sterolin, which studies have shown to facilitate the softening of the skin and to reduce the incidence of age spots;
Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants, making it useful for healing sun-damaged skin. Antioxidants like vitamins A, D and E in avocado cause the skin to be suppler, and are thus particularly good for dry or aged skin. We use it also in a lot of our products because it is a great moisturiser, it increases the production of collagen, which helps keep the skin plump and decreases the effects of aging.
- Blue-Green Algae is one of the most nutrient-dense, pure substances on the planet. Our Soulmade Blue-Green Algae a wild-harvested, certified-organic, single-celled organism which occurs in a remote area of the Oregon Cascade Mountains. It is highly bio-available and contains a full spectrum of minerals, chlorophyll, B vitamins, beta-carotene, pro vitamin A, lipids, active enzymes, essential amino acids, nucleic acids, and DHA & EPA fatty acids.
What it does for your beauty? Blue Green Algea help creating healthy skin cells, stimulate growth of hair and nails, as well as new skin cells. Your hair will be shiny, thicker, softer. Blue Green Algea help build collagen, make wounds heal faster, help reduce UV damage to your skin and have overall anti-aging effects.
- Cocoa butter comes from the cacao bean which is found inside the cocoa pod that grows on from the cacao tree. Cocoa butter is high in fatty Acids and hydrates the skin deeply. It is alos a great source of antioxidants, which help combat free radicals and save your skin from the inevitable signs of aging and environmental stressors. A cream with cocoa butter will help you keep your skin soft and supple.
Cocoa butter is great for people who have a sensitive skin. Cocoa butter has very effective healing properties. Its antioxidants battle scars, acne, scratches and stretch marks. Just use regularly one of our Soulmade Products with Cacao Butter and you will see how it accelerates the process of regeneration.
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis) is a great herb for skin care, and has perhaps the longest history of use of any herb in skin care. Much of the healing properties of calendula are because of its high levels of carotenoids (vitamin A like compounds)
Our Calendula Extract is produced from the calendula flower-heads. Calendula extract has been used throughout history in skin preparations. Calendula is beneficial for dry or damaged skin and also promotes the fast healing and regeneration of the skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Our Sjaman Blossom Calendula butter has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, and can be used for sunburns, rashes, insect bites and other mild skin irritations. Sjaman Blossom Calendula Healing Butter (with 10% Calandula Exctract can help soothe your damaged or very dry skin and is a effective natural wound healer.
- Carrot seed oil is extracted by steam distillation from the dried seeds of wild carrot, but also from the dried plant itself. Apart from its components like Alpha Pinene, Beta Pinene, Gamma Terpinene, Limonene, Camphene, Sabinene, Myrcene, Beta Bisabolene, Carotol and Geranyl Acetate, carrot seed oil is rich in Carotene and Vitamin-A, both of which are effective antioxidants.
Carrot seed oil can help you retain your youth and look refreshingly young. The antioxidants in this oil repair a lot of the damages done to your tissues by oxidants (free radicals) and stop them from doing further harm. These antioxidants protect your skin from wrinkles. This powerful oil has great antiseptic properties.
- In aromatherapy, Cedarwood is known for it's calming effects on the mind. Cedarwood - a giant tree - is used in some of our Soulmade products because of the soothing effects Cedarwood has on hair and skin. The extraction process for procuring their essential oil is relatively easy. This precious oil is made from the wood chips and sawdust of cedar trees and then bottled up for our pleasure.
Cedarwood has toning, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic qualities and has been used as an effective agent to treat minor wounds. Pure cedar oil contains vitamins A, B, C, E, and F. Cederwood Oil is effective in caring for oil, acne-prone skin.
We use Coconut oil as an excellent smoothener for the skin. coconut oil nourishes and hydrates your skin by replenishing your natural skin oils. It contains Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA’s), which are also found in your natural skin oils. We think that te use of coconut oil in many of our products can help your skin and will reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and restore your skin's youthful appearance. It's not greasy and absorbs easily into the skin.The combination of anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial and hydrating properties make Coconut Oil truly unique.
- We use Cranberry extracts in some of our products because the acid in cranberries acts as an exfoliant and vitamins like A and C help boost collagen production. Cranberries also fight free radicals that may cause wrinkles and also keeps your skin moisturised. For centuries, cranberries have been valued for the medicinal, antioxidant properties and anti-ageing benefits. It enhances cell power, defends your skin against environmental damage due to high concentrations of antioxidants such as vitamin C, B and B-5. It is beneficial for all skin types.
- Our Multi Vitamins Cucumber cream has a delicious scent, like freshly cut cucumber, because trhe basis of this cream is pure Cucumber Destillate.. It's one of our most populaire Creams, soothing and refreshing, perfect for all skin types. Cucumber distillate cools and refreshes your skin while promoting firmness and hydration
- Eucalyptus oil is an amazing oil is obtained from dried leaves of the eucalyptus tree. These sweet scented leaves are steam-distilled to make the oil. We use Eucalyptus mostly in products of the Sjaman Therapy Collection. Many aromatherapists use eucalyptus oil for their remedies. The inhalation of the sweet smelling oil helps relax the body. To be used in relaxing or therapeutic stress-relief massages. We use the Eucalyptus in a blend with Mint, Ginger Root, Rosmary, sweet Basil... It's the first blend of Oils we made when we started Soulmade Cosmetics, and it is still the most popular aroma.
- Our Italian Green Clay is composed of ash made from volcanos. Added to our Into The Wild Face Wash it the clay is able to bind to bacteria and toxins living on the surface of the skin and within pores to extract these from the pours. This helps to reduce the outbreak of blemishes, alleviate redness, and also to fight allergic reactions and speed up healing time of wounds. The clay leaves skin feeling smooth, hydrated, and less inflamed.
- Camellia sinensis. Green tea extract is naturally rich in antioxidants, which has a cell-protecting function as well. It’s a strong antioxidant effect that protects the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals. Green tea extract can actually decrease wrinkles and also makes you look younger. It has a positive influence to the tone and health of the skin.
Green tea extract is a good anti-inflammatory agent and helps to promote the health and quantity of collagen, thereby maintaining a firm and elastic skin.
- Witch hazel is an extract from the leaves and bark of the North American shrub Hamamelis virginiana. It has a long history in medicinal treatments. One of witch hazel’s most impressive properties is its anti-inflammatory effects (Witch hazel can reduce the inflammation on a pimple)
- We use the very exclusive Jasmin Absolute Oil in our much loved Woman Balance blend. Jasmine oil is an absolute extraction from the flower of the plant. (for 1 pound Jasmine Absolute Oil we need about 3,5 Jasmin Blossoms) Jasmine is a very famous flower. It has a strong yet sweet, pleasing and romantic fragrance, which is very common in flowers which bloom only at night.
The aroma of jasmine essential oil has a pleasing & uplifting effect on the mind. Jasmin makes you feel happy. The aromatic effect of jasmine oil stimulates the release of certain hormones in the body, including serotonin, which results in the boost of energy and the uplifted mood.
- Jojoba oil is a supreme golden-colored liquid wax, extracted from the seed of the jojoba plant. It has countless beauty benefits. Jojoba Oil contains almost all of the vitamins and minerals essential for healthy skin and hair: vitamin E, B-complex, copper, zinc, selenium, iodine, and chromium. And it’s even gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin without causing allergic reactions.
We use Pure Jojoba in our Into The Wild Collection. We put it in this collection because Jojoba mimics the activity of your body’s natural oils, so when you use a litle oil on you shiny forehead, your skin stops overdoing its own production!
Consider using jojoba as your daily or overnight facial moisturizer. The oil may initially leave a slight sheen, but just blot away residual oil to reduce excess moisture.
- Juniper has been known for centuries as a sacred plant to cleanse body and spirit. The Skincare Benefits of the Juniper Berry Oil we use are antibacterial and antiseptic. The oil contains a number of acids, flavonoids (related to antioxidants), tannins (astringents) Juniper Berries have also a healing effect on acne and are useful for balancing oily skin. The Oil has a calming, woody aroma that refreshes the mind and eases stress. Juniper Berries is excellent for treating cellulite and toning the skin.
- Kaolin clay has wonderful beauty benefits. Kaolin is a natural clay that is very very gentle on the skin. It is the gentlest of all the cosmetic clays and it does not strip the skin of natural oils like the other clays. Due to it's mild nature it is perfect for using it on all types of skin and since it dries up firmly on the skin. When applied externally, it purifies the skin, removes black and white heads and softens the skin. Even dry skin will benefits from kaolin, as it softens dry skin very effectively. We use Kaolin in our Into The Wild Face Wash.
- The lavender plant bears small blue violet flowers which impart a fragrant scent to the herb. When we talk about aromatherapy, the first ingredient that comes to our mind is lavender. Its pleasant aroma has a calming, soothing and sedative effect on the body and mind. Lavender flowers have been used since times immemorial in different ways. In our products we not only use Lavender oil but also a lot of Lavender destillate.
As stated, lavender relieves tension, stress and in inflammation, all of which are responsible for causing skin ageing. It also boosts the circulatory system, thus increasing the flow of oxygen and nutrients to skin cells. Result: less wrinkles and fine lines.
- Our Mandarin oil not only smells very good, but also has many medicinal properties. Some of the many benefits of Mandarin oil are rebalancing your skin, is helpful as an antiseptic and a cell rejuvenator. Products with Mandarin oil can be used as a cure for stretch marks, damaged skin and acne scarring; it encourages the growth of new skin cells and replaces previously damaged skin cells. It is one of the most effective aromatherapy oils and is also non-toxic, non-sensitizing, and does not irritate the skin.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil is one of the most popular oils in the Aromatherapy Industry due to it's excellent oxidative stability. Thanks to the long chain fatty acid structure of Meadowfoam Seed Oil it delivers good barrier formation and helps to lock fragrance onto the skin while also helping to prevent the rapid absorption of natural creams and lotions that is sometimes perceived as drying. Meadowfoam Seed Oil is a waxy oil, similar to Jojoba. It's perfect to lock in skin's natural moisture to help prevent dryness and soften the skin.
- Spearmint is loaded with Vitamins, antioxidants and vital nutrients. Despite having a very similar aroma to peppermint, spearmint does not contain as much menthol, but is rich in limonene, dihydrocarvone and cineol. Mint is a good source of salicylic acid. Salicylic acid works by loosening dead skin cells and preventing them from clogging pores. Mint's astringent properties may reduce the oiliness of acne-prone skin, and shampoos that contain mint stimulate circulation when applied to the scalp. This may improve scalp and hair health.
- Neem is gift from nature! It offers health and beauty benefits. The oil derived from neem seeds is used as a main ingredient in some of our Soulmade Products. Neem oil is loaded with nutrients and is beneficial for eczema prone skin and will benefit people who suffer from psoriasis and acne. Its astringent properties help to cure minor cuts and wounds. Neem oil helps to relieve dry and itchy skin.
Neem contains high level of antioxidants which protect the skin from environmental damage. It also contains carotenoids which provide high antioxidants that defend the skin against age promoting free radicals.It's also high in essential fatty acids and Vitamins. It gets easily absorbed by the skin and rejuvenates it and improves its elasticity.
- We use Neroli in our Woman Balance Collection. It has an exclusive, intensely green and floral uplifting aroma.
Spiritualy Neroli makes us feel contented and cheerful. It also helps to improve the skin's flexibility & skin tone. Neroli comes from the blossoms of the bitter orange tree. The oranges are grown for their flowers and oil, not for eating.
- Oat Kernel is rich in biologically active components such as tocopherols, phytosterols, phospholipids, and essential fatty acids such as Omega-6 and Omega-9. These biologically active components have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing characteristics which soothe, smooth and nourish skin. Oat Kernel is ultra conditiioning and will leave skin (&hair) feeling silky soft.
- Extra virgin olive oil is a powerful beauty aid. Olive Oil, used in many of our Soulmade Products, help tone, repair and refresh dry, damaged and tired skin.
Olive oil contains three major antioxidants: vitamin E, polyphenols, and phytosterols.Antioxcidants help protect the skin from premature skin aging. Vitamin E partly accounts for the anti-aging benefits of olive oil because it helps restore skin smoothness and protects against ultraviolet light. Hydroxytyrosol, a rather rare compound, but found in olive oil, also prevents free radical damage to the skin.
- The papaya originally was discovered and grown in Central America. It's one of the healthiest fruits. It contains many vitamins and minerals. Papaya is fantastic to eat, but also important for skin care. Papaya has been used to heal skin ailments, such as breakouts, dry skin, cellulite and premature aging. These claims come from the powerful enzyme found in papayas called peptin. Peptin is a digestive enzyme, but when applied topically to the skin it helps to smooth it and make it healthy and radiant. Other skin nourishing properties include Vitamin A, C, E and carotenoids. These antioxidants also reduce inflammation of the skin. We use Papaya in our Face Masques.
- Pineapple contains enzymes that make skin elastic, improve skin hydration, and remove damaged and dead cells. This helps you to achieve a clear and glowing complexion. Enzymes in pineapples also fight free-radical damage and reduce age spots and fine lines.
Pineapple contains a powerful enzyme called bromelain. Bromelain has been shown to be anti-inflammatory as well as a powerful cleanser. It has been used to help relieve pain, swelling, and tenderness due to injuries.
- We use a lot off Grapefruit oil in our products because, Like the fruit itself, the essential oil of Grapefruit is rich in antioxidants. Vitamin-C, combined with the other antioxidant components present in grapefruit essential oil, boosts our immune system and fights against the activity of free radicals. This oil is effective in protecting the body from all harm done by various oxidants and toxins, including premature aging & degeneration of tissues.
Like the oils of most citrus fruits, grapefruit essential oil has an uplifting and relaxing effect on mind. It induces positive feelings of hope, and relieves anxiety and stress. This effect comes from its aroma, and second, due to its stimulating effects of certain hormones that have uplifting effects on the brain.
- Rooibos is an healthy choice. Rooibos is rich in antioxidants, alpha hydroxy acids, zinc and a myriad of other substances known for their soothing, healing and anti-ageing properties, that we had to use it for some of our Soulmade products. Rooibos offers an amazing, all-natural formula to promote clear and healthy skin while acting like a shield against environmental influences that are to blame for premature skin ageing. The enzyme superoxide dismutase - an excellent anti-aging substance - is necessary for the production of healthy skin-producing cells, and the high levels in Rooibos's guarantee healthier skin. Superoxide dismutase also fights wrinkles by neutralizing the free radicals that cause them, which is wonderful for those who want to slow the aging process.
- When processing rose Oil, there is a by-product of the steam distillation called a hydrosol or hydrolat. Hydrosol is a diluted but highly prized rosewater used as a tonique and particularly beneficial when combined with other botanicals. Thus, Rosa Damascena, the water, is distilled from fresh blossoms of roses. Rosa damascena has a soothing and anti-inflammatory effect on rash and skin irritation. It cleanses, softens, moisturizes and scents the skin. We use it together with Aloe Vera Destillate as a base (instead of normal water) in many of our products.
- It takes tens of thousands of rose blossoms, picked as they are unfolding in the early hours of dawn, to yield 30 grams of rose essential oil. That makes rose oil one of the most expensive essential oils. We love to use Rose Oil for our Woman Balance blend. Rose Oil is a wonderful anti-inflammatory agent and tissue regenerator. It is also high in antioxidants and offers amazing properties of hydration and redness reduction.In aromatherapy Rosa Damascena oil to help calm and relax.
- Rosehip, or Rosa Mosqueta Oil is the oil pressed off the Rosehip seed. It contains an amazing amount of linoleic and linolenic. These fatty acids have very important functions in the regeneration of your skincells and repair of damaged tissues. Over the years, Rose Hip Oil has been shown to retard the signs of premature ageing and provide excellent results in the treatment of Burns, Scars and spots. It will also help counter the drying effects of the sun which are usually first noticed in fine wrinkles or "crows feet" around the eyes and mouth.
- Rosemary is known to stimulate circulation, which will increase blood flow and bring nutrients to the surface. This will make your skin glow, and when used in a facial or body cleanser can also remove dirt and toxins from the skin.
Rosemary contains powerful antioxidants that diminish the skin-damaging effects of free radicals and contain anti-aging properties. The stimulating properties of rosemary help restore elasticity, making skin firm and supple. Rosemary also encourages cell growth, which will reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Its healing effects can also mask broken capillaries and age spots.
- Rosewood Essential Oil is extracted from the rosewood tree.The Rosewood tree are giant evergreen trees bearing the scientific name Aniba Rosaeaodora. Rosewood essential oil is extracted from the woody matter of the Rosewood tree with the help of steam distillation. The mild, sweet, spicy and floral aroma of this oil does the trick and is thus favored by aromatherapy specialists. It drives away sadness and disappointment and prepares you to take on life with a new and positive perspective.
Rosewood rejuvenates the skin and keeps it looking healthy and young. It can be useful in the treatment of wrinkles, skin diseases, and acne.
- Shea Butter is Superfood for your Skin! It has been used for millennia by many generations for skin care, baby care, healing and food. Shea butter is extracted from the nuts of the Shea tree (Butyrospermum parkii), which grows in the savannah of Western Africa. The Shea tree is considered sacred because of the bounty of goodness it can do for your skin, hair, beauty and health.
What makes Shea butter an extraordinary skin care and an amazing body healer is its richness in precious constituents, which include unsaturated fats with a large proportion of "unsaponifiables" components, essential fatty acids, phytosterols, vitamin E and D, provitamin A and allantoin. Shea helps to reduce Wrinkles, fine lines and repairs little scars. Works as a Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, and is deeply moisturizing, skin strengthening, skin protecting, skin regenerating & Collagen production stimulating
- Silk proteins and their individual amino acids are great molecular sponges that will soak up and deliver moisture into the skin. As our skin is over 70% water adequate hydration is just so important for its healthy functioning and so adding silk to a product is like giving your skin or hair a super charged drink. The sensory properties of silk are key to its success: you skin feels laike SILK!
- Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) is one of the most interesting ingredients in skin care. As we age, skin moisture can drop significantly, which makes the skin lose elasticity and expose the signs of aging on the skin. Hyaluronic acid plays a critical role in skin health with its unique ability to hold in moisture.
- Extracted from sugar cane, is a naturally source of glycolic acid, the smallest of the alpha hydroxy acids, which are well known for their ability to penetrate the skin to even out skin tone, improve the skin's texture, and minimize scarring and spots, by helping to speed the removal of the top, dead, layer of skin to reveal fresher, younger, looking skin.
- We use Sweet Almond Oil in oilblends (Jojoba oil, Apricot Oil). Almond Oil is pressed from the nuts of the Prunus amygdalis tree. It is very high is Omega-6 fatty acids making it useful in hair, and skin, care where the Omega-6 fatty acids are know to improve hair growth, and regerate the skin. Used since ancient times, in Ayurvedic Medicine, along with Sesame Seed Oil, to restore and maintain, healthy, glowing skin.
Sweet Almond Oil is not readily absorbed by the skin so it makes a great massage oil offering extended slip time.
- It's scent is sharp and medicinal, like you would expect one of the most active antiseptic oils to be. Tea Tree essential oil has many uses and is extremely versatile, with applications ranging from soothing insect bites, to calming the inflammation of acne, to treating dandruff, and everything in between. Along with being an effective treatment for skin irritation and inflammation, Tea Tree is also a fantastic immune system stimulant and has been used, for decades. Tea Tree has a very broad antimicrobial activity, being effective against bacteria, mold and fungus. Tea Tree is also one of the monoterpenols, with high antioxidant compounds.
- Retinyl palmitate (vitamin A) is the normal form used for application on the skin and has great anti-ageing, superb anti-oxidant and moisturizing capabilities.
It accelerates cell renewal and stimulates the fibroblast and collagen in the skin, thereby reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Due to its anti-oxidant properties, it is also a great anti-aging ingredient, and helps promote a softer smoother skin.
- Niacinamide has many proposed medicinal applications within the skin such as anti-inflammation, improve skin's elasticity, increased intercellular lipid synthesis, dramatically enhance its barrier function, facilitate erase discolorations, and revive skin's healthy tone and texture.
Niacinamide’s role as a co-enzyme precursor may explain the multiple roles it has in skin. Topically applied it has been shown to improves barrier function, increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, improves appearance of photoaged facial skin skin (such as wrinkles and fine lines, hyperpigmentation, redness, and texture), stimulates microcirculation in the dermis, prevents skin from losing water content and reduces sebum production.
It also has a growing reputation for being able to treat an uneven skin tone and to mitigate acne and the red marks it leaves behind (known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation).
- Ascorbyl Palmitate is the oil soluble form of Vitamin C, fascilitated by it's bonding with palmitic aicd.Because Ascorbyl Palmitate is oil soluble it is readily absorbed, getting into the tissues to deliver the multiple benefits of vitamin C ... the production of collagen, the prevention of wrinkles, and the elimination of the blotchiness that gives the skin an aged appearance.
We use almost always Ascorbyl Palmitate in combination with Vitamin E creating a synergy of anti-oxidant activity. The perfect choice for all of your preservative free oils, balms and salves.
- Vitamin E (tocopherols) are needed in skin care, however! They have proven to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions, which can help protect skin, speed wound healing, and provide anti-aging effects.
The first role of tocopherols in skin care is to protect from oxidative damage. Vitamin E is the most abundant fat-soluble antioxidant found in human skin, and topical application increases vitamin E in skin cell membranes and in the lipid matrix of the lower levels of skin.
Because of their powerful antioxidant properties, tocopherols help reduce damage caused to skin by UV rays and pollution. When vitamin E is applied to skin, redness, sunburn, and skin damage are reduced.
Tocopherols also protect the cells that make collagen and elastin, which create the matrix of the skin. So this protective property makes vitamin E the perfect addition to any anti-aging formula.
Also, vitamin E has a long reputation as an effective moisturizer. Not only does it hydrate skin, but it helps to prevent further water-loss, retaining skin’s natural moisture content even in dry climates. This can help fine lines and wrinkles to be less noticeable. And Vitamin E helps reduce the healing time required for treating wounds. In tests, it was found that a solution containing only 5 percent of vitamin E decreased the healing time required. Vitamin E is used most often to assist in the repair of skin lesions, ulcers, burns, abrasions, and dry skin.
- Exfoliating means you remove dead cells from the surface layers of the skin and porepare the skin to take moisturisation and anti ageing treatments. Exfoliating is also an instantly rewarding activity – unlike much skin care the consumer doesn’t have to wait to see the results. Regular exfoliation can almost instantly help skin feel softer, smoother, more moisturized, more even in skin tone, and appear brighter and healthier.
In the summer months exfoliation is as essential as in the winter when it is the first step in deep moisturisation of the skin to protect it from the extremes of centrally heated interiors and cold weather.
We use walnut shells as a natual exfoliant. They come as light brown particles which are clearly visible in a cream and ideal as a superb body exfoliant. Walnut shells are extremely hard and do not break down in the product. Their hardness makes them a highly effective scrub coping very efficiently with even thick deposits of dead surface skin.
- Ylang Ylang is extracted by steam distillation of fresh flowers of the ylang-ylang tree, Cananga Odorata and is commonly found in the rain forests of certain Asian and South Pacific Islands like Indonesia, Philippines, Java, Sumatra, Comoro and Polynesia.
We Use Ylang Ylang in many of our aroma blends. Ylang Ylang on its own smells overwhelming floral and sweet.. Its a great basis for essential oil blends. But we not only use it for its smell. Ylang ylang oil is said to work with the cardiovascular, endocrine, and hormonal systems, as well as supporting emotional and spiritual balance. This is how Nature can help our body find balance as a whole.